Fermentis Yeast is one of Europe’s premiere yeast producers, and a division of the S.I. LeSaffre Corporation. We are pleased to offer a range of their dried yeasts to the US Brewing Trade.
- Quality: Fermentis yeasts are grown and dried under carefully controlled conditions, producing products of exceedingly high purity.
- Consistency: The care which goes into yeast production results in highly consistent results, brew after brew.
- Control: Taken together, consistency and quality give you more control over the brewing process. There are enough things which can go wrong without worrying about yeast performance!
- Flexibility: The variety of Fermentis Ale and Lager strains permit custom matching of yeast strains to beer styles. The dried form makes use of different types for different beers a simple process.
- Cost Effectiveness: Use of Fermentis dried yeasts can save effort, time and money.
- Shelf life and convenient storage; Fermentis dried yeasts are packaged in vacuum sealed, .5 kg packs. Easy to handle, simple to store.
- Technical Expertise: Fermentis supports their products with state-of-the-art R&D at their research facility in Marcq-en-Baroeul, France (near Lille). Technical information and research data are available within 24 hours via phone, fax or e-mail.
- Service: Fermentis is supported in the US by the distribution team at Crosby & Baker, providing products and information quickly, professionally and with a smile!
Safale S-04 Ale Yeast
A well-known, bottom-fermenting ale yeast strain, this is a yeast to be selected for its fast fermentation characteristics and its ability to form a compact sediment at the end of the fermentation process, helping beer clarity. For the production of a wide range of ales. This strain is especially well adapted to closed fermentation vessels.
- Pitching rate: 60 – 95 gm / bbl
- C&B Item #9795
Ale Yeast K-97 is a top fermenting ale yeast with low sedimentation characteristics, and is highly recommended for the production of ales in open fermentation vessels, and for wheat/Weizen beers. During fermentation, it will produce a large, firm head.
- Pitching rate: 60 – 95 gm / bbl
- C&B Item #9796
Safbrew S-33 Ale Yeast
A general purpose, widely used ale yeast with low sedimentation properties. This strain is extremely consistent, with excellent wort attenuation and a superb flavor profile.
- Pitching rate 60 – 95 gm / bbl
- C&B Item #9794
SafLager S-23 Lager Yeast
S-23 is a genuine German style dried lager yeast, developing the best of its lager notes under low-temperature fermentation (46-50° F). Good flocculation with excellent attenuation. The right choice for the production of a wide range of lager and pilsner beers in cylindro-conical tanks.
- Pitching rate 95 – 140 gm / bbl
- C&B Item #9797
SafLager S-189 Lager Yeast
The most popular lager yeast strain worldwide, now available to the US brewing trade. Excellent bottom flocculation properties, clean tasting and easy to work with. For the production of a wide range of lager & pilsen beers.
- Pitching rate: 95-140 gm / bbl
- C&B Item #9793
A specialty ale yeast selected for its estery, somewhat peppery and spicy flavor. This yeast forms a solid sediment at the end of secondary fermentation, and is therefore widely used for bottle and cask conditioning.
- C&B Item #9791
That world-famous Weihenstephan lager strain with unique technological specs and high sedimentation. Dried to perfection by the experts at Fermentis.
- C&B Item #9792 (500 gm)
SafAle US #05 American Ale
The most famous ale yeast strain found across American, now available as a ready-to-pitch yeast. Produces well balanced beers with low diacetyl and a very clean, crisp end palate. Sedimentation is low to medium, and final gravity is medium.
- Pitching rate; 50 g/hl to 80 gm/hl
- C&B Item #9800 (500 gm)